Sunday, February 21, 2016

Story Explorers

Hello Everyone

         Sorry it has been so long, it has been a very hectic year. From some of the hardest struggle my family has experienced, to some of the best things to ever happen for us! But now it is 2016... which is already flying by!

         Though the learning never stopped! Monkey is now in 3rd grade and I am already getting things ready for the summer! Crazy! However I wanted to share somethings I worked on over the last 12 months. 

         Monkey has changed schools since last year. Her school rating now doubled from the school she went to last year, which has been a big challenge for her! We absolutely love, love, love her new school. Though she did start out academically way behind her 3rd grade class. We are so proud of her though, with lots of hard work she improved a whole grade level in 6 months, so now we are only a little behind. But with 4th grade is right around the corner there is no stopping! 

        Our biggest struggle is reading and reading comprehension! Which snowballs into every other subject. I didn't want us to just be able to read words though, I wanted her to comprehend it! So I created Story explorers for her:



This is to help your student dig deeper and think about there text, improving their reading comprehension.

It is one page that offers 6 different ways for the student to explore reading comprehension in the story they just read. 

It is not specific to any book, and can be used with a variety of different books and levels.

This handout will help with: Vocabulary development, prediction, character description and development, and providing details of the story. 

Here is and example of it:


To get the full Handout for free!!! 
Go to my TPT store: LittleSaturdaySchool TPT Store

I hope this can help your Readers with their reading comprehension! Please let me know what you think! 

Thanks Bunches,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment