Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cursive Handwriting!! and crossing the middle line?

Good Afternoon,

     I hope everyone's week is going amazing! Only one day left and it is Friday! I feel like this week has just flown by! But ready for a great weekend, Fuller House comes out!!!! Who else is going to watch it all by Monday? I know Monkey and I are, we have been planning this for months. Also we have a birthday party to go to, the birthday boy is turning 6, what do you get boys? We got him a castle tent I hope he loves it!

     Today though is not Friday, so we have been practicing spelling words! We did a practice spelling test and after Monkey completed it I rewrote all her spelling words in cursive. (BTW she got an A++) I just wanted to show her how cool cursive looks. By 2nd grade I had already learned cursive! I think it is so sad they do not teach it anymore. Though my name does not look that pretty in cursive. It is like a little mountain range is going on in the middle of my name.  

     But to the title of today's post, why do I mention the middle line? Maybe you are wondering what this middle line is. Well I am no expert on it, though what I have learned is it help cross the invisible line in our brain that connects our creative side to our academic side. There are exercises that can be done and different activities that can be done. Here is a great website that talks about it ilslearningcorner

     Also though I've read about cursive writing is able to help cross that middle line. Which make sense considering writing is a academic thing and cursive is an art. A while back I put a cursive handwriting activity together to teach Monkey, but time got in the way and I plan on teaching it to her this summer. But maybe one of you will have time now so I wanted to share it with you, and if not now hopefully later it will come in handy for you!


Get the complete handout for FREE at my TPT store here:


Thanks Bunches for stopping by,
Hannah 

P.S. Follow me to keep up to date on new items! 

2 comments:

  1. iWRITE | Students Factory
    iWRITE | Students Factory iWRITE is the International Handwriting Competition in two Languages, English & Arabic. Competition is classified into two categories; School and General Category. It is freely open to all from anywhere in the World to submit their entries online in our website. Participants are requested to write the same quote published by us every year in our website. iWRITE is the first step Students Factory takes towards gamification approach, other activities are coming soon.

    ReplyDelete