Sunday, March 6, 2016

Phonics Chart and More Summer Planning

Good Afternoon, 

     Are you having a Sunday fun day? Or a lazy one like me? I love staying in all day and not having to deal with the outside word. What have yenz been up to this weekend? I have been trying to find printable's to take with us on our vacation over the summer. It's never to early to start planning!

To help any of you looking for some good websites to find activities these are a couple really good ones: 

If you are looking for:

  • Dot to dot 
  • Hidden pictures
  • Mazes
  • Cross words
  • Word searches 
  • Find the difference 
  • + tons more
both Activity Village  and All Kids are great resources for you!

However what I am most excited about Tangrams!

If you have never heard of them before this is what they are:

http://www.tangram-channel.com/
      You are given a silhouette of something and then you have one box of shapes and using one complete box you try and make the picture. The website Tangram Channel is amazing because it has so many different silhouettes and then it shows you the answer, and after you see the answer you can print them out for personal use. I'm so excited for Monkey play, she LOVES puzzles! I excited to do it too though!    
      To make the Tangram box you can just print it out and laminate or print it out on card stock. What I did was used some foam I got from the Dollar tree and cut out the shape, one down side was my foam was rectangular, It took 2 sheets to get a full box, but I did 9 sheets of different colors only. They definitely are not perfectly cut, but I like that they will last long. 

     But while I was doing all this I have been trying to think of a way to get some Phonics into Monkey's day to day, we don't always have time for games. So I made a Phonic Chart, it has 100 different Vowel sounds, Consonant Blends, Silent letters, Endings. It is all on one page with one or two examples for each one. I'm hoping Monkey can go over the page either Daily or Weekly just to refresh on them. She can also refer to the chart while reading independently and is stuck on a word. Lastly I can take sections of it when we focus on certain vowels or blends, so we have something to refer to. 



Download the Phonics Chart for FREE at my TPT store


Hope you enjoy it, please let me know how you are liking it, and how you are using it! I'd love to hear from you all!

Thanks Bunches for Stopping by,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment