Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Rainy Days in Texas

Hello Everyone!

     It has been raining like crazy here in Texas the last couple days. Our back yard just a couple days ago had nice cut grass, and is now a muddy puddle. But at least it is going to cool everything down so summer doesn't come so  soon! And we got to wear our rain boots this week!!!! 

    I love my rain boots, well not the part where they make my feet look 2 times bigger. I actually got them in New York City, we went there a couple years ago in the winter and didn't realize that are feet were going to get soaking wet and freeze from walking around so much! So on day 2 I picked up some rain boots =] 

     Rainy days though always make me want to go through old things, and I was looking through Monkey's brain book I made her last year, it has a bunch of different games for her to play covering a ton of different things. And since everything I am currently working on is not complete yet I figured I would give you one of the games I made her for vowel sounds. It just covers Vowel sound "a" long and short. But if you like it I'll look at making more for the rest of the sounds!

The game is called Shoot for the Stars:
This game is to help students have fun learning the different sounds the letter "a". It could be used in centers or groups. 

Game is for 2 - 4 players. Similar idea to the bump it number games with words. all words focus on the vowel "a" sounds. Students must read the words aloud with the proper vowel sound, long vs short. 


Download the Shoot for the Stars game for FREE at my TPT store


Hope you enjoy it, please let me know how you are liking it, and how you are using it! I'd love to hear from you all!

Thanks Bunches for stopping by.
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment